Note: This is in BSL only, with no voiceover or captions.
Open House is a festival celebrating the buildings around us. They could be historic, or dramatic, or unique, and usually hard to get into.
The Open House Festival goes from 04 September to 12 September.
They have a varied programme including:
- BSL family activities at British Library on 04 September (SOLD OUT)
- Family activities at the Freemason’s Hall, Covent Garden (04 and 05 September)
- Self-guided tours around Camden, by foot or bicycle
- Tours of the Working Men’s College, Camden Town (04 and 05 September)
- Tours of Isokon Building (Lawn Road Flats), Belsize Park (04 and 05 September)
- Free entry to Keats House, Hampstead (05 September)
- Entry to Kenwood House Dairy and Carriage House, Hampstead (05 and 11 September)
- Tours of 8 Stoneleigh Terrace, Highgate, built by Camden’s Public Housing Department 1972 (multiple tours on 11 and 12 September)
- Walking Tours of Swiss Cottage Library (11 September)
- Information boards at public spaces including Gasholder Park, Granary Square (Kings Cross)
- Online talks about Belle-Vue retirement community, Hampstead (08 September)
- Virtual Tour of Regent High School, Somers Town (11 September)
- Walkabout of 8a Belsize Court Garages, converted to an office and maisonette (12 September)
- and many other events across London
To remember 500 years since the fall of the Aztecs to the Spanish Conquistadors, the British Museum is holding a series of free online events.
They run from 21 June to 25 June, so if you are interested click on the link below:
Magna Carta was signed on 15 June 1215 at Runnymede near Windsor by King John and his Barons.
It promised the protection of church rights, protection for the barons from illegal imprisonment, access to swift justice, and limitations on feudal payments to the Crown, to be implemented through a council of 25 barons. This council would later develop into Parliament.
The British Library has two original copies that are now more than 800 years old.
Regents Park is hosting free children’s play sessions this summer, at Gloucester Gate in Regents Park, and in Somers Town (location to be confirmed).
See the leaflet below for more information.
Homes4All are planning an Empty Homes Day of Action in October.
If you would like to take part in the organising for it, see the information below:
Invite to Organising Meeting:
Saturday, 29th May, 11am Empty Homes Day of Action organising meeting
This meeting is for everyone who wants to take part in the October Day of Action for empty homes.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 813 1236 5129
on behalf of HfA
HFA Contact Details: