Ann announcement from Camden Council:
A new COVID-19 test centre opened in Camden [last] week, with plenty of appointments available should you, your friends or family members have coronavirus symptoms and need to book a test.
The centre is located at UCL’s Ramsay Hall on Maple Street, near Euston Road, W1T 5HB. The site is open seven days a week, with appointments from 8am to 8pm.
There are COVID-safe measures in place throughout to help protect you and our NHS frontline staff. Please note, that bookings are essential and you should not just show up.
The test site is not step-free so if you have mobility access needs please request an at-home test kit. To book either an at-home or in-person test today, go online via nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119.
A statement from Camden Council regarding their libraries:
Following the new national restrictions in place from 5 November, Camden libraries are pleased to confirm a number of services will remain open in lockdown. Service updates include:
- Computer access: computers can be accessed on a first come first serve basis. Sessions are limited to 1 hour per day. Printing, scanning and photocopying available. Services will be available from Thursday 5 November at all libraries except Swiss Cottage and Highgate Libraries.
- Highgate Library will be open from Thursday 5 November for “request and read”. Collections will be available from the foyer.
- Swiss Cottage Librarywill close on Thursday 5 November and reopen on Monday 9 November for ‘request and read’. Collections will be from the foyer.
- Camden Local Studies and Archive Centre: the centre will be closed to customers but resources can be accessed online.
- Home Library Service: We will continue to deliver to housebound customers. If you, or someone you know, can’t get out and about, you may be eligible for the free home library service. Every four weeks, we will bring reading, music and films to your home. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult community learning: Digital classes will continue from Kilburn Library Centre more information is available online.
- Digital library: you can continue to visit our digital libraries which has a range of free online books, e-magazines and information resources.
- Christmas closure: Camden Libraries will be closed over the Christmas period from Thursday 24th until the Tuesday 29th of December.
We are working to see if we can safely offer more services over the next few weeks and will keep this page updated. All libraries will have measures in place to keep residents and staff safe. Visitors are advised to wear a face covering in line with Government guidance, unless exempt.
As you should have heard, the coronavirus regulations are changing:
- As of Monday 14 September, people should not meet in groups of more than 6 persons, except if you are in the same household, or playing organised sport, or attending a wedding or funeral.
- From Friday 18 September, certain businesses (especially those in the hospitality industry) will need to have a Track and Trace system in place, and keep the information for 21 days.
- The Covid-19 app is due to be launched on Thursday 24 September.
See full details here:
Government coronavirus guidance