A statement from Camden Council regarding their libraries:
Following the new national restrictions in place from 5 November, Camden libraries are pleased to confirm a number of services will remain open in lockdown. Service updates include:
- Computer access: computers can be accessed on a first come first serve basis. Sessions are limited to 1 hour per day. Printing, scanning and photocopying available. Services will be available from Thursday 5 November at all libraries except Swiss Cottage and Highgate Libraries.
- Highgate Library will be open from Thursday 5 November for “request and read”. Collections will be available from the foyer.
- Swiss Cottage Librarywill close on Thursday 5 November and reopen on Monday 9 November for ‘request and read’. Collections will be from the foyer.
- Camden Local Studies and Archive Centre: the centre will be closed to customers but resources can be accessed online.
- Home Library Service: We will continue to deliver to housebound customers. If you, or someone you know, can’t get out and about, you may be eligible for the free home library service. Every four weeks, we will bring reading, music and films to your home. Email email@example.com
- Adult community learning: Digital classes will continue from Kilburn Library Centre more information is available online.
- Digital library: you can continue to visit our digital libraries which has a range of free online books, e-magazines and information resources.
- Christmas closure: Camden Libraries will be closed over the Christmas period from Thursday 24th until the Tuesday 29th of December.
We are working to see if we can safely offer more services over the next few weeks and will keep this page updated. All libraries will have measures in place to keep residents and staff safe. Visitors are advised to wear a face covering in line with Government guidance, unless exempt.