With a gradual reduction in the number of new Covid-19 cases, the Government has announced a further easing of restrictions in England to take effect from Saturday 04 July.
- Two-metre social distancing reduced to “one metre plus” if other precautions are in place.
- Restaurants, pubs & hairdressers can re-open if they meet COVID Secure guidelines.
- Cinemas, galleries, museums, libraries, and community centres can all re-open if they can do so safely.
- Hotels, B&Bs, caravan parks, etc. can re-open, so people can go for holidays within England.
- Two separate households can meet up in any social setting with social distancing, so, for example, grandparents can meet their grandchildren (though maybe not all at once).
- Different rules apply in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, so check the rules there before planning any longer journeys.
There are still some things closed:
- Indoor gyms are still closed.
- Swimming pools are still closed.
- Nightclubs, etc are still closed.
- Theatres cannot have live performances, but it seems that they could show televised performances to a live audience.
Remember to wash your hands frequently, don’t cough or sneeze on anyone, and wear a face covering on public transport.