As of yesterday, 15 June 2020, many non-essential shops have started to re-open in England. We welcome the gradual relaxation of lockdown restrictions. However, we remind all of our members to remember:
- Wear a face covering at all times on public transport.
- Try to maintain social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) at all times wherever possible.
- Consider wearing a face covering at other times when out and when you can’t social distance (e.g. in a crowd).
- Wash your hands frequently.
- If you are over 70 or have other health conditions, still be very careful about protecting yourself – you really don’t want to get sick.
Places of worship are also starting to re-open for private prayer only. Many churches and gurdwaras will start to re-open, but mosques, synagogues and temples will remain closed for now. Check with your local place of worship for more details.
Unfortunately, hairdressers and beauty salons are still closed.